Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lives

I started writing this poem about my parents several years ago but finished it last year before Valentines Day.  They are still going strong and continue to share their lives with their children, 34 grandchildren, and 7 great grandchildren.

Lives
by Lou Sciaroni
2/12/09

When I Think About My Parents
I think of their two LIVES
The willingness to accept Gods gifts
No matter what the size

The L is for the Love they showed
Not always hugs and kisses
But it was always in the house
Those there could not have missed it

The I is for Ideals
In us helped to instill
A solid Catholic faith
That’s resounding with me still

And after 50 years of marriage
The V is for Vocation
If everyone stuck to theirs like that
We’d be a better nation

The E is for the Eleven children
That they welcomed with their faith
That God would help them to provide
Protect, and keep them safe

The S is for the Sacrifice
That still is being made
For without their endless giving
No foundation could have been laid

So I thank God for these LIVES
That he put upon this earth
And joined them both together
Who welcomed in my birth

No comments: